The North Eastern Football Union (NEFU) was based in North-Eastern Tasmania.
Competition football began in North-Eastern Tasmania in the early 1900s during the region’s tin mining boom. After the NEFU formed in 1938 the competition ran until it was suspended during WWII, with football resuming in 1945.
The NEFU clubs in that era were Branxholm, Derby, Legerwood, Pioneer, Ringarooma and Winnaleah. In 1967, Bridport Football Club joined the competition along with Scottsdale Crows (1982), Lilydale (1985), Saint Helens (1993 from the defunct Fingal District FA) and Fingal (1997).
Lilydale left at the end of 2010 and Ringarooma went into recess in 2012. St Helens changed its name to East Coast Swans to have a more regional appeal in 2013. Branxholm went into recess then Bridport and East Coast joined the NTFA. 2017 had only Winneleah and Scottsdale Crows.
North Eastern Football Union