Trinity Aquinas Kangaroos

Trinity Aquinas Kangaroos AFL logoAbout
In 1970, the Trinity Old Boys Football Club began playing its home games in the F Grade of the Western Australian Amateur Football League. Its success was immediate.

Soon the club was filled with “Old Boys” of the College. It was a place to see friends, socialise, relive old times and practice heroics on the field of play.

The determination, courage and grit instilled in them as students at Trinity, was benefiting them now as they worked hard to establish the club. They won games too. Two flags in the seventies came their way. But these initial visionaries had a dream that was soon to come to fruition. Across the river students of Aquinas College had been collecting Alcock Shields for decades.

Built high on the Mount, the school had fostered a winning tradition. The students who left Aquinas were used to success and they were proud of it. The Mighty Red and Black of Aquinas had been haunting school boy footballers for years. They were brazen and bold, courageous and cunning. They knew how to make a footballer at Aquinas.

They were looking for a home, and so in 1981 the Trinity Aquinas Amateur Football Club was born. The TA’s legend was alive. Since those days TA’s has continued to grow and prosper to the point where it is now one of the largest clubs in the Amateur League.

Website
Trinity Aquinas Kangaroos

Home Ground
Thelma Street, Como

Location
Como is a suburb of Perth, located 6 km from Perth’s CBD. The suburb of Como was originally made up of three land grants, purchased by Christchurch farmer Edmund Hugh Comer in 1891. The land was subdivided in 1905 under the name Como Estate, which is thought to be derived from either the owner’s surname or the area of the same name in northern Italy. Como forms part of the City of South Perth.

Premierships
1976, 1999, 2016-17