Mount Lawley Hawks

Mt Lawley Hawks AFL club

Mt Lawley Hawks AFL logoAbout
The Mount Lawley Amateur Football Club was incorporated in 1963, recording a premiership in its first year. Since then the club has won multiple premierships in different divisions, mostly at A Division. Mt Lawley was originally based at Inglewood Oval and moved to Hamer Park in 1976.

The club’s original jumper, which has undergone 4 changes, was black, with a broad white band from shoulder to waist. The first change, in 1970, was to a green jumper with a black and white band around the waist. The next in the mid 70s, was to a red jumper with a black and white band around the waist. It was around this time the club adopted the Hawks branding. In 1980 the club changed to a red, black and white (St Kilda) strip. In 2002 the red, black and white jumper took on the stylised Hawk on the front left panel and is the club’s present jumper .

The club has produced seven All Australian Amateur players, more than any other Amateur club in Australia, with these being selected in the club’s halcyon years from 1983 to 1992, when the club won 7 A Grade premierships.

Website
Mount Lawley Hawks

Facebook
Facebook group
Mount Lawley FC Comms

Home Ground
Hamer Park, Second Avenue, Mount Lawley

Location
Mount Lawley is an inner northern suburb of Perth. The area of Mount Lawley was formally proclaimed in 1901 and named in honour of Sir Arthur Lawley, the Governor of WA from 1901 to 1902. His wife, Lady Annie Lawley, reputedly agreed to the naming of what was then primarily bushland in her husband’s name on the condition that no licensed hotels be built in the suburb.

Premierships
1979, 1983, 1985-86-87-88, 1991-92, 2009