Kedron Lions

Kedron Lions AFL club

Kedron Lions AFL logoAbout
The Kedron Football Club was formed in 1937 by past pupils of Kedron and Wooloowin State Schools and debuted in the QANFL that year. Although nicknamed the Redlegs, their official emblem was the Lion.

At the end of the 1989 season, Kedron and Wilston Grange merged to form the Kedron Grange Football Club. The amalgamated team were known as the Demons. The club played for seven seasons in this form, losing the 1994 Grand Final to Morningside by two points.

At the end of 1996 the merged club had collapsed. By 2007 enough support from the juniors allowed the senior club to return to open age football.

Website
Kedron Lions

Facebook
Juniors

Home Ground
E.K. Anderson Oval, Sixth Avenue & Mercer Avenue, Kedron

Location
Kedron is a northern suburb of Brisbane, located 8 km north of Brisbane’s CBD. German missionaries originally settled in the area in 1838. These missionaries were granted 500 acres alongside the watercourse they named Kedron Brook, after a famous valley near Jerusalem.

Premierships
1941, 1943-44, 1946, 1948, 1959, 1980, 2007, 2015